rotating pop up shops
We support local designers by showcasing small collections of products from small businesses and makers across the state of Connecticut. Vintanthromodern hosts a two week to one month long collaborative pop-up featuring a curated selection a designers, makers, artists and entrepreneurs. Vintanthromodern partners with these creative individuals to present the best emerging fashion, home, art, and lifestyle brands to the New Haven community.
Our mission is to create a collective space that encourages conversations and creates connections between designers/makers and individuals within creative industries. We encourage new and emerging makers, innovators and artists to come share your work with us and the surrounding community.
Past pop up vendors include: Kate Stephen Jewelry, Snoogs and Wilde, Parrott Design Studio, Refabed Chic, Strange Ways, Lisa Rose Fatone, Glitter & Bold, Cinder + Salt, Poor & Pretty, Northeast Nutmeg, Vintage Reborn, Hot Blood Premium Goods, Blooming Lotus Apothecary, Rhymes with Smile, and Solstice Handcrafted.
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Vintanthromodern's rotating pop up shops. Please read the info below before applying.
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITERIA
Because we receive many more applications than we can accept, and to keep the items offered in the shop within our quality standards, every brand will be reviewed by members of Vintanthromodern. We review everyone’s complete application and then make our choice based on several factors.
These are the primary things we look for in our application submissions:
1. Your products fit in within our vision of high-quality, well-crafted/curated goods. We like to support brands that believe in sustainability and innovation.
2. Your work and branding are cohesive and consistent.
3. Your items are made by hand locally or outsourced and manufactured somewhere else, as long as you are honest about your production process.
4. Your items are artfully and professionally represented in your photos/on your website. Vintanthromodern reserves the right to use your product and promotional photos.
5. You are able to provide enough inventory for selected products upfront throughout the duration of the pop-up shop. You will handle delivery of all stock to Vintanthromodern and will restock in a timely manner upon selling out of your product.
6. Your work is well-differentiated and unique from that of other artists participating in the shop.
7. You offer a well-diversified product line. We seek makers offering a well-cultivated line of goods, or specializing in one type of product but in a variety of styles and color ways.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SHOP?
We offer a variety of pricing options for designers, artists, and craftspeople. The fees below are based on a two week to one month long event where Vintanthromodern will handle all transactions. Vendors will receive 70% of sales and Vintanthromodern will take 30% of sales.
• $50: Two week pop-up
• $100: Month long pop-up
WHAT DOES THE FEE COVER?
1. First and foremost, your fee covers Vintanthromodern’s ability to provide the retail space in a fantastic East Rock, New Haven location with high foot traffic + the required commercial space insurance and security for the space itself. In addition, everyone will receive a feature on our website with all featured products from the shop as well as links to your website. Select artists will also be featured on our various social networking sites leading up to and during the pop-up shop.
2. We will assist in the set up of the pop up shop, help with merchandising and designing your displays, and assist in daily upkeep of the displays as things sell.
3. We will advertise and promote the shop itself, which will draw tons of traffic over the course of a month and new customers who will see your work in person. This often turns into other opportunities, including future sales, wholesale opportunities, media exposure, networking, and more. Click here to read tips about how you can maximize your pop-up's exposure on social media.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION PAYMENT?
You will be e-mailed and prompted to pay the fee once you are chosen to participate. All fees must be submitted via PayPal, we do not accept personal checks or credit cards. You do not need a PayPal account to submit your fee. As long as you have a debit or credit card, submitting payment via PayPal is easy. If you have any specific questions about PayPal processing or your existing PayPal account, please visit the PayPal Help Page.
HOW AND WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I AM ACCEPTED?
You’ll be notified by email by as to whether or not you’ve been accepted into the shop.
IF I’M ACCEPTED, WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Once you have been accepted, have signed the vendor agreement contract and have paid your vendor fee for the shop, you may cancel up to two months before the opening date for a 50% refund of your vendor fee. Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds within two months of the date of the shop due to the administrative work already done by this time. Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the shop.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please note that Vintanthromodern will not be responsible for theft and will not cover the cost of any stolen products from the shop.
All accepted vendors will be added to our mailing list, so that we may send important correspondence to you via eblast. Those wishing to be removed should do so themselves once the event is over.
Vintanthromodern will create an icon for each accepted vendor for display on our website page for the event, using an image of our choosing from the accepted vendor’s website. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or to submit your preferred image.
A P P L Y N O W!
Once your application is accepted, we'll be in contact. Download the contract here: